What is Lead|ED?
The purpose is to increase principal effectiveness in areas that lead to increases in student achievement.
The project goals include developing effective principals in public and private schools located in rural, suburban, or urban settings that:
- increase principal time spent on instruction improvements
- improve instructional quality by engaging teachers in an on-going change process
- positively impact student learning, particularly with high-need students
A proven way to support today's school leaders.
Six Regional Offices of Education are providing a proven and practical professional learning opportunity to Illinois educational leaders at a critical time when schools are battling educator retention and turnover.
Lead|ED Professional Learning Series
This series provides job-embedded coaching and research-based professional learning that creates better school leaders and outcomes for teachers, students - and schools.
Resources and Information
- Lead|ED Fact Sheet
- Lead|ED Testimonials
- Leadership Micro-Credentials Educator Growth and Advancement
These are a collection of skill-specific certifications that are completed in a series and narrowly focused on equipping school leaders with embedded professional development that can be immediately applied in their schools to improve outcomes.
- Leadership for Equity Micro-Credential Series
- Leadership for English Learners Micro-Credential Series
- Leadership for Early Childhood Micro-Credential Series - Coming soon
- Social and Emotional Learning Micro-Credential Series - Coming soon
- LEAD Hub work aligned with the ISBE Department of District and School Leadership
- LEAD Hub aligned with Advance Illinois Educator Pipeline Group
- State Policy Connection - Department of District and School Leadership
Lead Hub Data Partners
- IARSS and Goshen Consulting - 2021 Educator Shortage - IARSS
- Illinois Workforce and Education Research Collaborative