Paraprofessional License Information
REQUIREMENTS FOR OBTAINING A PARAPROFESSIONAL LICENSE
To obtain a Paraprofessional License in the State of Illinois:
- Visit www.isbe.net and at the top center click on System Quick Links --> ELIS: Educator Licensure Information System --> EDUCATOR ACCESS --> Login to your ELIS account --> CLICK HERE FOR FIRST TIME ACCESS TO THE ELIS SYSTEM (right side of the screen).
- Create an account and follow the prompts.
- Once logged in, click on “Apply for a Paraprofessional Endorsement.” You will use a credit card to pay a $100.00 application fee plus a convenience fee.
- Mail the following to Angie Riethmaier at ROE # 17 - 200 W. Front St, Suite 500 D, Bloomington, IL 61701.
- An official college transcript showing your associate's degree of 60 hours of college credit
- Proof of high school graduation/high school equivalency
If you mail these documents to the Illinois State Board of Education the process may be delayed.
- Email Angie Riethmaier at email@example.com to let her know why she is receiving your transcript or diploma. If you passed the Parapro test at this office (ROE # 17), we will automatically receive your test scores.
NEW: You can have official transcripts emailed from your university to firstname.lastname@example.org
Registering your Paraprofessional License:
- After the state reviews your credentials your license will change from “Pending Review” to “Issued” and you will need to register your license. ISBE will send you an automated email when they issue the license.
- Log into your ELIS account, click on Registration and follow the steps. With a credit card, you will pay $5.00 per year plus a convenience fee for your registration.
- When the license is issued and registered, print your current credential page to give to your school district as evidence of your valid Paraprofessional license.
The only requirement for renewal of your paraprofessional license is to pay the $25 renewal fee every five years. Professional development is not required for this license. For more information about renewal, click here.