An advocate for education by providing positive leadership, coordinating and delivering state and local services, and disseminating information for educators, school districts, and the community.

Licensure Home > Licensure > ELIS How To... > Change name

Change name

Due to identity theft issues, the State Board of Education has disabled your ability to change your name through your ELIS account. You must submit documentation through your Regional Office of Education.

  • Complete Form 73-71 licensure update.
  • Mail the 73-71 form and a copy of your current driver's license, marriage license or divorce decree to Regional Office of Education, 200 W. Front St., Suite 500 D, Bloomington, IL 61701.
  • It may take a week or more to see the change on your ELIS account.

ROE # 17 Privacy Policy: All inquiries regarding licenses must be made by the license holder, we are unable to share information with other parties.  Thank you.